Another fun evening…Christine Bertram’s Mystery Stamp Night for April.
Christine provides you with Clue #1. These are the materials you need to prepare before she goes live. Following subsequent clues, you create your card in real time. But never fear, if you miss the live broadcast, you can always watch the replay.
- Select a piece of Designer Series Paper: (4” x 5¼”). I selected the floral pattern from Hydrangea Hill.
- Neutral Cardstock: (2⅝”) Square and (4” x 5¼’) Panel that goes with the DSP. That would be Basic White. The (4″ x 5¼”) panel is for inside the card and can be decorated with a stamped image and/or sentiment. The choice is yours.
- Card Base: (Suggested (11” x 4¼” scored at 5½”). I chose traditional (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”). Matching the DSP, I chose Gorgeous Grape.
- Focal image Mat: (2⅞”) Square to match card base or another color in the DSP. I picked Highland Heather.
- Accent Panel: (4¼” x 2½”) in a lighter colored cardstock. I picked Vellum because I wanted the pretty DSP to show through.
- Stamp Image: That fits on the (2⅝”) Square. I chose to create a scene using the Grace’s Garden stamp set.
- Select a Greeting/Sentiment that fits in a space measuring (4¼” x 1½’). From the Positive Thoughts stamp set: Sending positive thoughts and feel-good wishes.
This is the result:
Over at TGIF this week, the theme challenge – TGIFC313 was calling for cats, dogs, or other animals. With that in mind, I purposely chose to use the sweet little Kitty from the Grace’s Garden stamp set for my focal image. The little scene I could create would fit perfectly in the square and I could color the flowers in purple tones to match the Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper.
Additionally, the new theme over at Stampin’ Up! Only – SUP274 is Animal Kingdom. This card fits nicely in to that challenge as well.
Using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the Flower Patch to the right and stamped it again on a Post-it-Note. I fussy cut the Post-it-Note Flower Patch and fit it over my original stamped image. This is a technique called Masking. The Post-it-Note image is the mask and protects the original stamped image. I stamped the Fence Posts twice on top of the mask and on to my image square. When you remove the mask, you can see that it looks like the Fence Posts are behind the Flower Patch creating depth to the scene. Completing the scene, the star of the show, our little Kitty is placed in the left corner looking up at the small Bird perched on the Fence Post.
I wonder what she is thinking?
I colored in the scene with a variety of Stampin’ Blends: Highland Heather, Fresh Freesia, Daffodil Delight, Mint Macaron, Seaside Spray and Smoky Slate. I added some shadows with Light Soft Sky.
So far, so good!
Ultimately, the clues led to a torn edge on the (4¼” x 2½”) Accent Panel and the sentiment was to go across the bottom under the focal image. There was also a ribbon element.
I completed the card the next morning. Choosing to use the Clear Color Embossing technique, I inked up the sentiment with Versamark ink and stamped it directly in to the Gorgeous Grape ink pad. The sentiment went across the bottom and was heat-set embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. A nice glossy colored finish. I then tore the bottom edge for some interest.
For the ribbon element, I opted to die-cut the open Fret Work strip from the Nature’s Thoughts Dies from a scrap of Gorgeous Grape cardstock and place it above the Accent Panel and under the popped up focal image.
All in all, a very nice layout. I am quite happy with how this card came together. I think our little Kitty wants to be friends with our small Bird. All positive – All good!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: T64MCSN7 (April 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.