Time for this week’s Sunday Sketch – SS048. I chose to use the colors suggested by this week’s Weekend Color Challenge.
This is a mixed media creation. Found materials, Ink blending and Embossing to create my own background paper. Taking inspiration from the photo image and choosing to use a stamp from the March 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit – No Matter the Weather and a simple greeting from Country Home.
Creating the background paper:
- I chose Shimmery White cardstock (4” x 5¼”) because it has a heavier weight and I was going to abuse it.
- I added all of the colors, Blushing Bride, Seaside Spray, Highland Heather, Pear Pizazz and Magenta Madness using Blending Brushes to the cardstock.
- I had a fairly decent sized piece of Bubble Wrap. With a Sponge Brayer, I added Verasmark ink to the bubbles and pressed the panel into it and gently moved my fingers across the back.
- Gold Embossing Powder was sprinkled across the panel and heat set creating the dotted gold pattern.
This created a rich, warm and inviting back drop to the stamped Front Door and Porch image.
- I started with a (3”) square of Basic White cardstock. The image from the No Matter the Weather stamp set was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and die-cut with the (2⅜”) Layering Circle Die.
- The image was colored with a variety of Stampin’ Blends: Light and Dark Seaside Spray, Light Old Olive for Pear Pizzazz, Light Magenta Madness, Light Pink Pirouette (retired) for Blushing Bride, and Light Highland Heather. A little Light Smoky Slate was used as shadowing.
- To mimic the blossoms in the Inspiration Photo, I sponged the edges of the cut circle lightly with Pear Pizzazz and Magenta Madness ink and a Sponge Wedge.
- A (2⅝”) Layering Circle was die-cut in Seaside Spray.
- I stamped the sentiment, Hello, from the Country Home stamp set on the left side of the Door also in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- To complete the card, I chose to use a piece of retired Whisper White Flax Ribbon (3¾” x ⅝”) to go behind the circle and matted my handmade patterned background paper with a piece of Basic White cardstock (4⅛” x 5⅜”). To coordinate with the matted circle, I chose Seaside Spray for the card base.
This card was all about playing with colors and textures. When I chose the Inspiration Photo for its colors, I was also reminded be of the beautiful doorways in Charleston, SC.
What do you think? Do you like this card? Let me know.
I hope I inspired you to play around with the materials you have at hand and to see you can create with them.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: T64MCSN7 (April 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.