Time for this week’s Sunday Sketch – SS046. I chose to use the colors suggested by the April Stampin’ Up! Color Challenge.
With a new catalog around the corner (May 4th), I am using the Boho Indigo Product Medley. This was my first pick MUST HAVE from the current catalog. I am so sorry that it will be retiring.
Here is what I created:
These are the steps I followed:
- I started with a (2¾”) Basic White square. I Stamped the Vase in Merry Merlot and the Foliage in Pretty Peacock, stamped off once. I added the sentiment, Thank You, to the left side edge in Basic Gray. This left a lot of white space to the right.
- I decide to trim the piece to (1¾” x 2⅝”) and chose to dry emboss it with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. For the (2¾”) square I picked Smoky Slate to work as a mat which was dry embossed with the Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder for soft contrast.
- I re-stamped the Vase and die-cut it out because I felt it need to be popped up for more dimension.
- I stamped the Flowers in Real Red on a scrap of Basic White and also die-cut them out. They were popped up over the Foliage.
- For the (3” x 5”) panel, I chose to use a patterned piece of the Pretty Peacock colored 2019/2021 In-Color Designer Series Paper.
- These two elements were set upon a Basic White panel (4” x 5¼”) which was also dry embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- I chose to forgo the ribbon/twine element as I did not think it added anything to the card.
- For the shape, I chose to use a couple of the wooden Leaves from the In Good Taste Elements embellishment pack. The Leaves were colored using the Pretty Peacock Stampin’ Write Marker.
- To ground the card, I chose a Basic Gray card base.
The April Stampin’ Up! Color choices are challenging to use. Before the month is through, I will see what else I can come up with. What do you think? Do you like this card?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: T64MCSN7 (April 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.