I was invited to be a guest designer for the new Colour INKspiration Challenge – CI96. This is such an honor. I have such fun participating in this particular challenge.
Isn’t this a wonderful Spring image?
Hoping you like what I came up with…I created a colorful backdrop for the fantastic new Butterflies in the new Butterfly Brilliance stamp set.
These are the steps I followed:
- Starting with a (4” x 5¼”) piece of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, I added the CI96 colors with Blending Brushes. Petal Pink – lower left, Blushing Bride – middle left, Flirty Flamingo – upper left, Melon Mambo – upper right to center and Granny Apple Green – lower right.
- To soften the colors, I used one of the Basic Pattern Masks and applied White Embossing Paste with one of the Palette Knives over the colored background. This was set aside to dry. NOTE: When complete, remember to wash/rinse the embossing paste off of your tools right away so the paste does not harden.
- Next, I created the Butterflies. (1) Using the Stamparatus stamp positioning tool, the total Butterfly collage image from the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set was inked with Versamark and stamped on to Vellum. (2) The image was then heat-set embossed with White Embossing Powder. (3) All of the Butterflies were die-cut using the Brilliant Wings Dies. (4) I chose three of the Butterflies and colored the back of them with Stampin’ Blends. Upper left with Melon Mambo, lower right with Granny Apple Green. The large center Butterfly was colored with Flirty Flamingo – upper spots, Melon Mambo – central spots, and Granny Apple Green – edge spots. The bodies were colored with Smoky Slate.
- The sentiment, happy thoughts, from the Happy Thoughts stamp set was also stamped in Versamark on to Granny Apple Green cardstock and heat-set embossed with White Embossing Powder. The sentiment was then fussy cut.
- I opted for Petal Pink cardstock as my card base and Granny Apple Green cardstock for my accent layer. The background panel was trimmed to (3⅞” x 5⅛”). All the elements were adhered and the card was complete.
The blended background is suggestive of Spring Florals and Greenery, perfect for a Butterfly or two or three to flit about.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
I have decided to enter this card in to the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – WWC312 – Occasions….What better occasion than no occasion but to wish upon a friend, Happy Thoughts!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
Principle Product Supply List: If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: XDYZH9TE (March 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.