I’m back from my short holiday…back to work or rather back to the Studio to play with my toys…
Created a card for the Freshly Made Sketches Team – FMS477 using the CAS Colours and Sketches color challenge – #411.
Here is what I created:
Working bottom to top.
- Card Base (8½” x 4¼” scored at 4¼”) Basic Black for the square card design.
- Accent Panel (4” Square) True Love Designer Series Paper. Using a Sponge Brayer, Mango Melody ink was applied to color the geometric pattern. The panel was then cut on the diagonal and adhered so that the split was visible.
- Panel: (2½” Square”) True Love Designer Series Paper. Die-cut with the square Stitched Shapes Die. Using a Blending Brush, Pear Pizzazz ink was applied to the dotted pattern and adhered in the center of the card.
- Focal Point (Butterflies) (1) Using the Stamparatus stamp positioning tool, the total Butterfly collage image from the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set was inked with Versamark and stamped on to Vellum. (2) The image was then heat set embossed with White Embossing Powder. (3) All of the Butterflies were die-cut using the Brilliant Wings Dies. (4) I chose two of the Butterflies, and also die-cut the matching Butterfly shapes from So Saffron cardstock. (5) The embossed Vellum Butterflies were adhered to the So Saffron Butterfly shapes with Mini Glue Dots. (6) The Butterfly Wings were folded up and Multipurpose Liquid Glue was added to the Butterfly Spines and positioned on to the card.
- The sentiment, a little note…, from the Enjoy the Moment stamp set was inked with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on to So Saffron cardstock and die-cut with the small oval Stitched Shapes Die.
A quick little card to get back into the groove!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
Principle Product Supply List: If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: XDYZH9TE (March 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
One thought on “Butterfly Brilliance – A Little Note”
Nice combination of two different challenges together. Beautiful card. And thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.