Will be taking a few days of R&R, but wanted to create a card for the Just Add Ink Team Color Challenge – JAI545. For a girl whose favorite color is green, the Shades of Green theme was just too much to resist…
Here is what I created:
Working bottom to top.
- Card Base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Garden Green. I do not normally dry-emboss a card front but with all the layers, the card would have sufficient body to support it. So, texture was added using the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Panel 1 (3½” x 5½”) Soft Seafoam. More texture was added with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Panel 2 (2⅞” x 5½”) Old Olive
- Accent Panel (2⅝” x 5½”) Flirty Flamingo
- Top Panel (2½” x 5½”) Pear Pizzazz. Additional texture, for my Spring Green motif, using the Meadow Moments Embossing Folder.
- Focal Point (Three Squares) Mossy Meadow scalloped layer (approximately 1½”) – Layering Squares Dies, Soft Seafoam Layer (approximately 1¼”) – Stitched Shapes Dies and Pear Pizzazz scalloped top layer (¾”) – Layering Squares Dies. I stamped three of the leaf triangles on to a scrap of Pear Pizzazz using The Right Triangle stamp set in Mossy Meadow ink before die-cutting the squares.
- Sentiment Oval (1¾” x ¾”) – Flirty Flamingo. The sentiment , Thinking of You, from the Blossoms in Bloom stamp set was stamped in Versamark and heat set with White Embossing Powder and then die-cut using the oval from the Stitched Shapes Dies.
- All the elements and layers were then adhered to complete the card. The diamond square layout was inspired by a card I saw when I was browsing through Pinterest.
I chose Flirty Flamingo as my accent color because as things start to green-up for Spring, there are little pops of color reminding you of the beauty that is to come.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
Principle Product Supply List: If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: XDYZH9TE (March 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
One thought on “Thinking of You – Spring Green”
A lovely card layout – lots of great layers of green. Chantell Just Add Ink