The new Colour INKspiration Challenge – CI95 colors are so lovely this time around. The image is wonderfully exotic too and had me dreaming up an idea…
Here is what I created:
These are the steps I followed:
- I chose Shimmery White cardstock because it has a heavier weight and I was going to abuse it.
- I had a fairly decent sized piece of Bubble Wrap. With a Sponge Brayer, I added Balmy Blue ink to the bubbles and pressed the panel into it and gently moved my fingers across the back.
- This step was repeated with the Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape and Blackberry Bliss inks to build up the background.
- I crinkled a piece of Wax Paper, unfolded it and tapped Versamark direct from ink pad onto the crinkles. I then pressed the panel on to the wax paper. Gold Embossing Powder was sprinkled across the panel and heat set creating the marbled gold pattern.
- I opted for Blackberry Bliss as my card base and for my embellishments because I liked the stronger contrast with my finished panel.
- The sentiment, Birthday Wishes, was die-cut from the Well Written Dies and the Floral elements were die-cut from the Dandy Wishes Dies.
- I used a small stipple brush along with a bit of Delicata Golden Glitz ink (retired) to add a little golden accent to the Flowers.
Creating the marbled patterned paper was an idea that popped in to my head overnight. I am really glad that it turned out as nicely as it did. I think it looks great behind the die-cut elements that make up the card. Don’t you?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Thought I would enter this card into the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – WWC-311
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
Principle Product Supply List: If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: XDYZH9TE (March 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.