This week’s Weekend Challenge to keep you stamping is a theme challenge. I chose Butterfly -Things that Flutter and found this beautiful image of an iridescent butterfly to inspire you.
To help me focus, I chose to use the current sketch from The Spot Team – Challenge #153 and to play along with the Paper Players – Spring is in the Air Challenge – PP531.
Here is what I created:
I currently seem to be on a tone-on-tone jag with my creative projects. Little pops of color against a white background.
Working bottom to top.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Sahara Sand
- Background Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Basic White. There is a lot going on here. (1) The sentiment, I’m Here If You Need Me, from the Here’s A Card stamp set was stamped in Crumb Cake ink approximately 1¼” down on the top left side. (2) The Open Bricks were die-cut with the Brick Die found in the Brilliant Wings Dies set. This takes the place of the two banners in the sketch. (3) The panel was then dry-embossed with the Bricks & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder to create a scene.
- Circle: (2⅞”) Basic White. The circle was die-cut with using the largest circle in the Stitched Shapes Dies set. The circle was then dry-embossed with the Dandelions 3D Embossing Folder. Inspiration for the Dandelion image came from the picture collage created for the Paper Players theme.
- Smaller Shape – Butterfly: Rainbow Glimmer Paper was used to create the iridescence suggested by the Weekend Challenge inspiration photo. The single Butterfly was selected from the Butterfly Beauty Dies and die-cut from the Green/Yellow zone then lined with another piece of cut from the Orange/Pink zone. The Butterfly looks very pretty but doesn’t show as well in my photo as it does in person.
- Embellishment: As suggested by the sketch, I opted to add tiny die-cut Butterflies from the Magenta, Yellow and Purple colored areas of the Glimmer Paper.
I like the suggestion of color coming from the Neutral background as it signifies that Spring and all of its glorious colors will soon be bursting forth from the dull that was Winter.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
Principle Product Supply List: If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: XDYZH9TE (March 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
6 thoughts on “Here’s A Card – I’m Here”
So that’s what those brick dies are for!! Such a great background for a beautiful card!
Hey there, Cheryl. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Glad you like it!
Beautiful work with the Brick Embossing Folder. I love the texture you created in your card, Jolanda! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.
Thank you, Deb!
This is so pretty…the background and embossing are beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!
What a gorgeous background you created! I love the embossing and all the butterflies! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!