Tuesday is the day I teach classes here in the Studio. Had a full-house so I am just catching up today with the Case-ing Tuesday #294 Challenge and I used the As You See It Challenge – AYSI#245 for my theme and materials.
This is what I created…
- Card Base: (4¼” x 5½”) Early Espresso.
- Panel: (4” x 5¼”) World of Good Specialty Designer Series Paper dry-embossed with the Old World 3D Embossing Folder.
- Sentiment Panel: (2” x 1½”) The sentiment from, It’s Your Day, from the A Good Man stamp set was stamped in Versamark and heat-set with White Embossing Powder on Early Espresso cardstock. I used the light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend to slightly darken the sentiment.
- Top Panel Under Layer: (2” x 4¾”) In Good Taste Designer Series Paper.
- Top Panel Over Layer: (1¾” x 4½”) Vellum.
- Focal Image: I stamped the Tree, from the Rooted in Nature stamp set in Versamark and then Early Espresso ink stamping on to a piece of Vellum. Using the technique called Clear Color Embossing, I added Clear Embossing Powder and heat set the image. The Tree was then die-cut with the coordinating die from the Nature’s Roots Dies.
All the pieces were assembled: The die-cut Tree was adhered to the Vellum layer with Mini Glue Dots. The Vellum layer was adhered to the DSP layer, also with Mini Glue Dots (hidden behind the stamping so they would not show). Linen Thread was added to the bottom off the focal panel. I chose to tuck the sentiment panel behind, selected its location and adhered it to the DSP embossed back panel. I adhered the back panel to the card base and then added the focal panel in place.
Mission accomplished. As You See It: A Masculine card using Early Colors, an Embossing Folder, a Die-Cut and Twine. This is a complete 180 turn on the very feminine sample presented in the catalog.
Cheers, Jolanda. Thank you for spending some of your time with me today.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
Principle Product Supply List: If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: XDYZH9TE (March 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.