Are you a Cat person or a Dog person? Me – more of a cat lover and my significant other – of course, he is a dog lover!
You know the cat won’t come to you, but is purr-fectly happy if you come to it!
So, with that in mind, I pulled out an old set that was a particular favorite of mine: Sitting Here. A few challenges out there…
- Global Design Project – GDP280 (CASE THE DESIGNER)
- The Paper Players– PP529 (FELINE FINE)
The esthetic for both of these challenges was clean. Here is what I came up with…
Want to re-create this card, follow these steps:
- Stamp cat image on Basic White cardstock (1¾” x 1½”) with Soft Suede ink and again on a scrap of Basic White. Stamp cat on a Post-It-Note to use as a Mask.
- Fussy cut the Post-It-Note cat and mask original cat image.
- Stamp the rug image over the cat in Just Jade ink. Remove mask.
- With Blender Pen and the ink pads, add touches of Just Jade and Flirty Flamingo to the rug. For some texture this little image was dry embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- A bit of Blushing Bride (ears) and Just Jade (eyes) along with Smoky Slate inks were used to color the scrap image cat also. The cat was then fussy cut and popped up over the original cat.
- A small piece (1½” x 1¾”) of Oh So Ombre Designer Series Paper in Bermuda Bay was added behind the focal point.
- To case the designer, a sentiment banner was also stamped on to another small piece of the same patterned paper in Basic Gray ink.
- An additional banner was created by coloring a 2½” length of Vanilla Metallic Edge Ribbon with the Flirty Flamingo Stampin Blend.
- To keep the card clean, a Basic White panel (3” x 5½”) was dry embossed with the Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder and side matted with a Flirty Flamingo panel (3⅛” x 5½”).
- Everything was assembled similar to the sketch used by the designer, Janneke De Jong, on a Basic White card base.
A nice little card. Sometimes pulling out an old favorite is just what you need to keep you engaged with your passion for crafting.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!