Hi Everyone! I am ahead of the game. It is actually Tuesday and I completed today’s Case-ing Tuesday #292 Challenge.
For my inspiration and color choices, I selected the Just Add Ink – JAI # 542 Challenge.
This is what I created…
The sketch suggested a rather literal interpretation of inspiration photo.
- Card Base: (4¼” x 5½”) Gray Granite.
- Panel: (3⅞” x 5⅛”) Added a Gray Granite panel dry embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder instead of stamping on the card base.
- Three Rectangles: (3⅝” x 1⅝”) Stitched Rectangle Die. The Old World Paper Embossing Folder was inked with Basic Gray ink using a Sponge Brayer. A piece (4¼” x 5½”) of Basic White cardstock was inserted and dry embossed. The rectangles were then die-cut. This technique adds inks into the pattern which resembles stone.
- Center Panel: (2½” x 5⅛”) Basic White. Using a Blending Brush, the panel was colored with Blushing Bride ink and a little highlighting with Flirty Flamingo ink. A mask was created by die-cutting a piece (4¼” x 5½”) of Basic White cardstock with the Beautiful Brushstrokes Die. Using another Blending Brush and Gray Granite ink, the brushstrokes were then added. To create a wall of Brick, the panel was dry embossed with the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Image: Using Basic Gray ink, the images from the Simply Succulents stamp set were stamped onto a piece of Basic White cardstock and then colored with a variety of Stampin’ Blends. The images were Fussy Cut as opposed to die-cut because I wanted a close cut.
- Sentiment Label: (2½” x ½”) Stitched Rectangle Die. The sentiment, Missing You, from the Loyal Leaves stamp set was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with White Embossing Powder on to a scrap of Just Jade cardstock.
All the pieces were assembled to match the sketch. I think this card came together nicely. Soft and subtle coloring enhances the outdoor look. A perfect little card letting someone special know that I am indeed missing them in these days of social distancing.
Cheers, Jolanda. Thank you for spending some of your time with me today.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
Principle Product Supply List: If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 34KGB2MM (February 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.