So, what starts with “O” and is appropriate for a fellow? A color – Orange perhaps; some fruit – an Olive for a Martini or an Orange Slice for a Drink; a bird – an Oriole or an Owl; a body of water – an Ocean or in my case; a tree – an Oak Tree. What a great excuse to pull out an old favorite stamp set: Lovely As A Tree for the Oak Tree and Oak Leaves.
Here is the result using the sketch…
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Center Accent Strip: (¾” x 5½”) Mossy Meadow Swirled patterned piece of paper from the soon to be retired Rustic Harvest Designer Series Paper pack.
- Right Accent Strip: (1¾” x 5½”) Wood patterned piece of paper from the retired Wood Textures Designer Series Paper pack.
- Background Panel: (3⅜” x 4¾”) Soft Suede cardstock die-cut with one of the Rectangle dies from the Deckled Rectangles Dies set.
- The Oak Leaves and Acorn image from the retired Lovely As A Tree stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink in the lower right corner and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The sentiment, You Make a Difference Every Day, from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set was also stamped and heat-set with Versamark ink and White Embossing Powder.
- Focal Panel: (2¾” x 2½”) Very Vanilla cardstock die cut with another of the Rectangle dies from the Deckles Rectangles Dies set shortened to highlight the stamped image and give space for the sentiment and stamped decoration.
- Circle Shape – Oak Tree
- The Oak Tree image was stamped with Soft Suede ink.
- The Tree was colored using Sponge Daubers inked with both Old Olive and Crumb Cake inks.
The Very Vanilla Oak Tree Panel was adhered to the Soft Suede Decorated Panel. Linen Thread was wrapped around the completed panel which was popped up with Dimensionals onto the decorated card base.
Great sketch with a ton of possibilities and a very nice card for letting a special fellow know that you think that they are important to you.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Please join us at Cardz 4 Guyz and Hand Stamped Sentiments. I am interested in seeing what you will create.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C24QX6UH (December 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check out the Special Offers available this month…Visit my website.