Happy Tuesday and welcome to the Facebook Tuesday Case-ing the Catalog challenge (#373).
I took inspiration from a number of challenges. Double Trouble (#120) partnering with Cupcake Inspiration (#552), Can You Handle the Pressure (#15), Stampin’ Up! Only (#310) and Make My Monday (#183).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Early Espresso cardstock.
- The card front was dry-embossed with the retired Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder as this texture mimicked the design in the patterned paper.
- Horizontal Cross Panel: (5½” x 2½”) Bumble Bee Diamond patterned piece of paper from the retired Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper pack.
- Circle: (3”) Vellum cardstock die-cut with the (3”) stitched circle die from the Stylish Shapes Dies set.
- Accent Strip: (4¾” x ¾”) Green colored Vellum from the retired Perennial Essence Vellum Cardstock pack.
- Focal Image – Echinacea Flowers: (3” x 4”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- The Echinacea Flower image from the Nature’s Harvest stamp set was stamped with Early Espresso ink.
- The Flowers were colored with the with Stampin’ Blends: Bronze for Brown, Dark Daffodil Delight for Yellow and Old Olive for Jade. I chose to make this more of a Fall card and opted for slightly darker shades of yellow and green.
- The Flowers were die-cut with the coordinating die from the Harvest Dies set.
- For better placement, the Flowers were cut apart and more closely trimmed with Paper Snips.
- Sentiment Label: (3” x 1”) Early Espresso cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, A reminder to never forget…, from the same stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
All of the elements were adhered to resemble the sketch and the heads of the Flowers popped up with Dimensionals. Additionally, two Brushed Brass Butterflies were added to the card completing the 3:2:1 recipe.
A pretty Fall card…reminding my friend how much she means to me and countless others.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me. Cheers, Jolanda.
Hope you decide to try your hand at this sketch this week. So many possibilities!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: P2A4PKS6 (September 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check my website for the September Weekly Deals, the Perfect Partners promotion and the 24-hour Flash Sale on Thursday, September 15th.