The Tuesday after Labor Day was always the first day back at school when I was growing up. So, I am celebrating…
Several challenges also have this theme: Make The Card (#62), Make My Monday (#182), If You Give a Crafter a Cookie (#172) along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch (#489). I have also incorporated the Retro Rubber (#190) element and the colors suggested by Inspire Create (#124).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Color Blocking: Real Red, Blushing Bride, Pumpkin Pie, Mint Macaron and Garden Green cardstock.
- The cardstock was die-cut with the (1⅞” x 1⅞”) stitched square die and the larger stitched banner die trimmed to a rectangle shape from the Stylish Shapes Dies set.
- Tag: (3⅞” x 2”) Basic White cardstock die-cut with that sized stitched tag die from the Tailor Made Tags Dies set.
- The School Kids image from the retired Greeting Card Kids stamp set (Circa 2010) was stamped on to the tag with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The image was colored with Stampin’ Blends. Skin – Light Petal Pink. Girl: Hair – Light Daffodil Delight, Dress and Trim – Light Mint Macaron and Light Real Red, Apple – Light Real Red. Boy: Hair – Bronze, Suspenders – Light Real Red, Shorts – mix Light Daffodil Delight, Light Balmy Blue and Dark Old Olive for Garden Green, Book and Sack – Light Pumpkin Pie.
- The word, September, from the retired Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set (Circa 2015) was also stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Sentiment Banner: Real Red cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Best Wishes, from the Jan-Feb SAB 2022 retired Special Moments stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder and trimmed.
All of the elements were assembled and adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch which I flipped to the horizontal position to accommodate the Tag. A little piece of retired Poppy Parade Twine from the Country Club Combo Pack was added to dress up the Tag which was popped up with Dimensionals.
Is everyone in your household ready for School?
Thanks for spending some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: P2A4PKS6 (September 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check out the Weekly Deals…Look for the Perfect Partner (Dies) to some of your favorite stamp sets.