Happy Tuesday and welcome to the Facebook Case-ing the Catalog challenge (#368).
I am having some fun with this sketch, and I have taken inspiration from a few other challenges: Sentiment Theme – Paper Players (#603); Subject Theme – Global Design Projects (#355); and Color – TGIF (#380).
Here is my bright and fun result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Melon Mambo cardstock.
- Diagonal Panel: (6½” x 2¾”) Black Dotted piece of patterned paper from the retired Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack.
- Using a Brayer, the piece was colored with Bermuda Bay ink.
- The piece was adhered to the card base and trimmed.
- Label Strip: (4½” x 1¼”) Pumpkin Pie cardstock scrap.
- The Dog and Cat image from the North Pole Mischief stamp set was inked with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped across the strip ensuring the Whiskers and the Tail Wag were captured.
- Focal Image: (4” x 2½”) Basic White cardstock.
- The “To: North Pole” Label on the Gift Box was masked, and the image was inked and stamped.
- The image was then colored with Stampin’ Blends. Cat – Light Smoky Slate, Dog – Bronze, Dog Collar – Light Pumpkin Pie, Gift Box – Light Bermuda Bay and Ribbon – Light Melon Mambo.
- The image was fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- The image was then adhered to the Label Strip taking care to match it up with the previous partially stamped image.
- The Label Strip was trimmed and adhered to the card nearer the left side, so our little Dog has room to pull the Cat and Box along.
- Sentiment Block: (approximately 1” x ⅝”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- As I got a bit of ink in the masked box, I cut a block to fit in to the space.
- The Block was colored with the Light Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend.
- When completely dry, I hand-lettered the sentiment, For:You Happy Birthday, with the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.
- The hand-lettered sentiment was adhered to the Gift Box.
Simply done…just stamps, ink and paper. What colorful fun! I think this holiday stamp set works well for many different occasions and this Cat and Dog are delightfully mischievous.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VWEQNVDE (August 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.