Today, I have accepted the challenge to CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) a card created by Susan Wong as suggested by the Global Design Project (#352) team.
My take-aways: Diagonal Layout Orientation, Ribbon/Twine, Block Sentiment and Gems. I picked the colors suggested by the Cupcake Inspiration (#548) team.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Focal Image – Flowers: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- The two-step Floral image stamps from the Bottled Happiness stamp set were colored with Stampin’ Write Markers: Poppy Parade, Flirty Flamingo and Old Olive and stamped twice.
- The images were then fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Leaf Accents: Old Olive cardstock scraps.
- The scraps were strategically placed under the Leaves of the Open Floral die from the now retired Many Layered Blossoms Dies set.
- The Leaves were then neatly trimmed with Paper Snips.
- Sentiment Label: (2¾” x ⅞”) Old Olive cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday, was selected from the now retired Flowing Flowers stamp set for the pretty font.
- The sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
To complete the card, a (20”) length of White Crinkled Seam Binding was folded upon itself in the center of the card. Two (4¼”) lengths of retired Old Olive Linen Thread were laid upon the seam binding. The sentiment label was popped up with Dimensionals and adhered over ribbon and twine. The two Floral Bunches were tucked in around the label. The Leaves were tucked under the Flowers. For extra prettiness, tiny Pearl Basic Jewels were added to the center of each Flower in the bunches.
If you have friends, you have birthdays…I know who will be getting this one!
Thanks for spending some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C7E9W22R (July 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.