I was thinking about the current TGIF (#376) Sketch overnight and somewhere in my dream state, I flipped it and thought the Waves of Inspiration stamp set would be a nice way to capture my feelings.
I also thought it would be a nice way to present the Texture Chic Suite that I recently purchased. The Specialty Designer Series Paper packs, Texture Chic and Distressed Gold have wonderful Metallic Gold accents and the stamp set, Season of Chic has some very nice sentiments including a birthday greeting. I opted for a birthday card so I could play with the Seize the Birthday (#242) Challenge. I also used one of the cards from the coordinating Texture Chic Memories and More Card Pack for the Seashells so this card would also fit the Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge (#305).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Evening Evergreen cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5⅛” x 3”) Green and Gold patterned piece of paper from the Textured Chic Specialty Designer Series Paper pack.
- Large Shape – The Wave
- The Wave from the Waves of Inspiration stamp set was stamped directly on to the patterned paper with Versamark ink and heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder.
- Cross Strip: (5⅛” x 1¼”) Distressed Gold Specialty Designer Series Paper pack torn along the top edge for a beach type impression.
- Small Shape – Seashells: Two of the Seashells from one of the Texture Chic Memories and More (3” x 4”) cards was fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Sentiment: Evening Evergreen cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Wishing you the best birthday ever, from the Season of Chic stamp set was also stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder.
- The words were closely trimmed in a “block” fashion.
All of the elements were arranged to resemble a dreamy impression of the flipped sketch. Isn’t it fun to see where an idea takes you? Inspiration is everywhere. I like how the wave represents the large circle and the seashells, the smaller circle. The base of the wave or the sand (gold distressed paper) can represent the cross strip.
A very pretty birthday card.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C7E9W22R (July 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.