Welcome back! It is the start of a brand-new week, and I am excited to share some of my work with you.
As usual, I am catching up. I never seem to find enough minutes on the weekend to complete all of the challenges that are due by Monday.
So, here we go with a CAS (clean and simple) Holiday card.
The colors chosen by the CAS Colours & Sketches (#477) team included Metallic Gold and that suggested a possible Christmas theme. Over at Happy Little Stampers, the CAS Challenge theme is Christmas in July and the Christmas July Challenge option is to include Gold. Serendipity…
All that was left was to select a sketch and I chose the current one over at Freshly Made Sketches (#543) to bring it all together. I opted for an A2 card versus a square card.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (3½” x 4¾”) Basic White cardstock die-cut with the Stitched with Whimsy Die for a bit of holiday glam.
- Square Panel: (2⅛” x 2⅛”) Basic White cardstock.
- The sentiment, Thinking of you this festive season, from the Merriest Moments stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat set with Gold Embossing Powder.
- The sentiment was then die-cut with one of the square dies from the now retired Stitched Shapes Dies set. I do not yet have the new Stylish Shapes Dies set.
- Accent Fronds: Merry Merlot and Night of Navy cardstock scraps and a Metallic Gold Laser Cut element from the retired Forever Gold Specialty Designer Series Paper pack.
- Various Frond shapes were selected and die-cut. The Fronds came from the Eden Dies, Natural Prints Dies and Flowers of Home Dies.
All of the elements were arranged and adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch. The sentiment square was popped up with Dimensionals.
A very clean, yet elegant Holiday card. Have you started your holiday card making? So popular to do so. Less than six months to go…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C7E9W22R (July 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.