Have you had a chance to get your hands on those ever so cute Hippos from the Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-bration Brochure? Not yet? Well, the stamp set, Hippest Hippos and coordinating Hippo Dies, can be yours free with a qualifying purchase.
I couldn’t resist using them for the current Alphabet Challenge – Letter G: “G” is for “Giggle”! That “Flirty Wink” just makes me smile.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Blackberry Bliss cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Pinwheel patterned piece of paper from the Hostess Design a Daydream Designer Series Paper pack.
- Banner: (3½” x 1⅞”) Pool Party cardstock die-cut with that sized Banner from the retired Banners Framelits Dies set.
- Cross Strip: (4” x ¾”) Pool Party cardstock.
- The sentiment, Love comes in all shapes and sizes, from the Count on Me stamp set was stamped into Versamark ink and then into Blackberry Bliss ink and then heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder using the Clear Color Embossing Technique.
- Three Blackberry Bliss cardstock Hearts were die-cut with one of the dies in the dies set.
- Focal Images – Hippos: Basic White cardstock.
- The two Hippos were stamped with Basic Gray ink and colored with Stampin’ Blends.
- Winking (She) Hippo: Light Smoky Slate, Light Petal Pink and retired Light Pink Pirouette for her nail polish; Flower: Dark Blackberry Bliss and Light Old Olive.
- Happy (He) Hippo: Light and Dark Smoky Slate and Light Petal Pink.
- Eye, nose, ear and mouth details on each Hippo were defined using the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.
- The Hippos were then die-cut with the coordinating dies.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base in the mirror image as I liked the Winking (She) Hippo better on the right side. Both of the Hippos were popped up with Dimensionals.
What a fun little card!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C7E9W22R (July 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.