Let’s have tea together and perhaps we can invite Alice…
Having a bit of fun with a few more challenges, specifically Festive Friday (#112)
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Crushed Curry cardstock for a horizonal sketch orientation.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Black and Gray Harlequin patterned piece of paper from the new Black & White Designs Designer Series Paper pack.
- Rectangle Panel: (4” x 2”) Basic Black cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, you always make me smile, from the retired Sitting Here stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- I opted to make this panel smaller so that more of the Designer Series Paper would show and I placed it straight because the tilt did not go too well with the Harlequin pattern.
- Shapes: Basic White cardstock scraps.
- All images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Alice: from the retired New Wonders stamp set.
- Teacup: from the retired Tea Together stamp set.
- Cat: from the retired Sitting Here stamp set added to the Teacup with the aid of the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool.
- Pocket Watch: Created with three stamps from the retired Clockworks stamp set and the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool.
- All images were colored.
- Hair, Teacup, Cat, Pocket Watch – retired Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blendabilities.
- Face and Hand – retired Nude Stampin’ Blendabilities.
- Wing – retired Light Soft Sky Stampin’ Blendabilities.
- Dress – Light Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blend.
- The three images were fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- The inside of the handles of the Teacup and the Pocket Watch were colored with the Dark Basic Black Stampin’ Blend so that the white did not show against the black panel.
All of the elements were arranged and adhered to resemble my version of the sketch. A fun little friendship card with a sweet sentiment. You always make me smile when you come visit and we get to drink tea.
Thanks for spending a some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C7E9W22R (July 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.