Had a chance to catch up and create my card for this week’s Case-ing Tuesday Facebook Challenge (#354).
Have to admit that I was a little stumped with this one. Loving all the circles but what theme, what colors and what materials to use…
My Mother is all pep and vigor and not really into soft and subtle, so I chose the new bold red In-Color, Sweet Sorbet mixed with Black and White.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Accent Mat: (5¼” x 4”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5” x 3¾”) Black and White Cross-Hatch patterned piece of paper from the still available limited promotion All Together Designer Series Paper pack.
- Circles: Various Sizes from the Layering Circles Dies set.
- Floral – from the new Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper pack. Only the Floral Buds were colored with Stampin’ Blends, the new In-Color Light Sweet Sorbet and Light Parakeet Party. A bit of shading and highlight was added to make the Blooms pop with the retired Light Soft Sky Stampin’ Blendabilities Marker.
- Sentiment – Basic Black cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Happy Mother’s Day, is from the retired Tea Together stamp set and was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Black and White Scallop – from the All Together Designer Series Paper pack.
- Sweet Sorbet Accents – These circles were dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder for a little bit of textural interest.
All of the Circles were adhered to the Background Panel with the Sentiment Circle popped up with Dimensionals and added to the card base.
The new Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper will be my new go-to Black and White paper. So many possibilities! Wishing all the Mother’s out there a very happy day.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 74BJRERX (May 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.