Our current challenge at CARDZ 4 GUYZ (#295) is to theme based: “D” is for…and I chose Deer.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (11” x 4¼” scored at 5½”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- One Layer Image:
- Step 1: The Deer image from the Grassy Grove stamp set was stamped with Crumb Cake ink.
- Step 2: The Deer image was stamped again on to a Post-It-Note and fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Step 3: The Post-It-Note Mask was positioned over the original stamped image.
- Step 4: The Tree image from the same stamp set was colored with Stampin’ Write Markers: Trunk – Soft Suede and Foliage – a mix of Garden Green and Shaded Spruce.
- Step 4: The Mask was removed.
- Step 5: The Meadow Grass image from the same stamp set was also colored with the Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive Stampin’ Write Markers and stamped a few times to create the grounding for the Deer and the Trees.
- Step 6: The overlapping banners suggested by the sketch were created with Crumb Cake ink, a Blending Brush and a Banner Mask. I created the Mask by using another Post-It-Note and the Banner die from the retired Snowflakes Card Dies set.
- Step 7: the sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Art Gallery stamp set was colored with the Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker and stamped several times.
This turned out to be a very subtly colored masculine clean and simple birthday card. I think it will be well liked by the no nonsense kind of guy.
I hope I have inspired you to determine what “D” – word you might think up and create a project using it. If you do, please share it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. I would love to see what you create.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 74BJRERX (May 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.