Hello and welcome back. I am pleased to let you know that I have been invited to be a guest designer with the CAS Colours & Sketches team for the month of May.
The CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge (#468) this week is Color:
- Theme: Crafter’s Café (#284) and Cookie Challenge (#168),
- Sketch Style: Less Is More (#463), and
- Colour Crazy Craft (#16).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (11” x 4¼” scored at 5½”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- One Layer Image:
- Step 1: An off-center Open Circle Mask was created with a (4¼” x 5½”) piece of Copy Paper and the (2⅝”) circle die from the Layering Circles Dies set.
- Step 2: The Mask was secured with low-tack repositionable Tape over the card front.
- Step 3: The Kangaroo and Joey image from the retired Animal Outing stamp set was inked with Soft Suede ink and stamped within the circle.
- Step 4: The Kangaroo and Joey image was stamped again on to a Post-It-Note and fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Step 5: The Post-It-Note Mask was positioned over the original stamped image.
- Step 6: With a Blending Brush, Pale Papaya ink was added to the circle and then Calypso Coral ink was added to the outer edges of the circle.
- Step 7: The two Masks were removed from the card front.
- Step 8: The Kangaroo and Joey image was colored with Stampin’ Blends. Mama – Light Soft Suede (Body), Light Crumb Cake (Pouch), and Light Pale Papaya (Belly). Joey – Light Crumb Cake.
- Step 9: The sentiment(s), Welcome and Little One, from the same stamp set were stamped with Soft Suede ink off-center top left and bottom right.
- Step 10: To soften the sentiments, a little Crumb Cake color was added with the Light Stampin’ Blend.
…and that is it! A sweet little Baby card in warm Savannah colors.
Looking forward to what you will create with these colors…play along and post your project.
Thanks for spending a some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 74BJRERX (May 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.