Our current challenge at HANDSTAMPED SENTIMENTS (#388) is an Inspiration Board and I was drawn towards the lower left image. I loved the graphic and spare nature the image.
I chose the current sketch at Paper Craft Crew (#468) for my layout.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) New In-Color 2022/2024 Tahitian Tide cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Image Panel Base: (2¾” x 4”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder.
- Focal Image – Shapes – Tropical Leaves: New In-Color Parakeet Party cardstock die-cut with two of the dies from the Tropical Layers Dies set. An additional Tropical Leaf was die-cut from Shaded Spruce cardstock.
- Supporting Shape – Vase: The Bottle image from the new Bottled Happiness stamp set was stamped with Tahitian Tide ink onto a Basic White cardstock scrap. The Bottle was punched out with the coordinating new Vintage Bottle Punch. The neck of the Bottle was trimmed to create the Vase. The white edging surrounding the Bottle was closely trimmed.
- Sentiment Label: (1⅛” x ⅛”) Shade Spruce cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Thank You, from the Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
All of the elements were adhered in place to resemble the sketch.
Such a refreshing set of colors. Tahitian Tide pairs well with Parakeet Party, especially balanced with White. Hope you like my literal interpretation of the inspiration photograph.
Have I inspired you to try your hand at using any one of these images as a jumping point for your next project? If so, please share it with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. I would love to see what you create.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 74BJRERX (May 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Annual Catalog is live and available on-line. Visit my website to see it now: jolandajohnstone.stampinup.net