Welcome back…lots of inspiration for today’s card…
My creative choices were influenced by:
- Try Stampin’ On Tuesday Challenge (#552) for the Sketch and color choices,
- Inspire Create Challenge (#115) that also has a Black/White and free color choice theme,
- Double Trouble Challenge (#108) for both a Frame and a Butterfly Die, and
- Retro Rubber Challenge (#181) Tic Tac Toe: Flowers, Dry Embossing, and Bling to add interest.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Flirty Flamingo cardstock.
- Accent Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Black and White Leaf patterned piece of paper from the retired Beautifully Penned Designer Series Paper pack.
- Tag: (2” x 3¾”) Basic Black cardstock
- Two Tailor Made Tags Dies were nested together and die-cut to make the Tag Shaped Frame.
- Frame Inset: (1¾” x 3½”) Black and White Floral patterned piece of paper, also from the retired Beautifully Penned Designer Series Paper pack.
- The upper most Flower was colored with retired Light and Dark Pink Pirouette (for Blushing Bride) and Light Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends to match the Butterfly.
- Rectangle: (2” x 1½”) Basic Black cardstock scrap
- The sentiment, Happy Mother’s Day, from the retired Wonderful Mother stamp set (Circa 2012) was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The Label was then dry-embossed with the retired Dotted Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder.
- Shape Element – Butterfly: Retired Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper.
- The Multi-Butterfly patterned piece of paper was die-cut with the Brilliant Wings Die resulting in a multitude of very pretty butterflies.
- The smaller Blushing Bride/Flirty Flamingo Butterfly was chosen for this card.
- Embellishments: Basic White Baker’s Twine and Basic Rhinestone Jewels
- The piece of Twine was wrapped around the card front and threaded through the Tag Hole and tied into a bow.
- Three Basic Rhinestone Jewels were colored with the Dark Flirty Flamingo and Basic Black Stampin’ Blends and added to the sentiment label.
All of the elements were adhered to match the mirror image flip of the sketch. I love using Black and White and Flirty Flamingo is a nice complementary color.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9EGHRVUT (April 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.