Saturday chores are complete and now it is time to play.
Combining a few challenges. Sketch: Tuesday Morning Sketches (#647) with the suggestion to create a scene; Theme: As You See It (#270) using Spring Flowers; Time Out (#209) to add a Cute Critter; and Color: Color Thrown (#683) for the Gray, Pink and Lime.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Basic White cardstock.
- The sentiment, I see you and you are wonderful, from the now retired Sale-a-bration stamp set In Your Words was stamped with Smoky Slate ink.
- The panel was then dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Scenic Panel: (4⅛” x 3⅛”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Bunny, Bicycle and Flower Box image from the retired Summer Afternoon stamp set was stamped with Basic Gray ink.
- The image was water-colored using the Fine-Tipped Water Painter Brush. Flowers – retired Regal Rose (for the pink color); Flower Box and Grass – retired Lemon Lime Twist (for the lime color); Bicycle Frame – Smoky Slate direct from Ink Pad Lid; and the Bicycle Tires, Seat and Handles – Basic Gray with a little bit of Basic Black mixed in (Stampin’ Write Markers on a Block)
- The Tree image from the retired Snow Front stamp set was stamped in the background with Smoky Slate ink. The Foliage/Flowers were added with the small Spotted image stamp using both Lemon Lime Twist and Regal Rose inks.
- The cute little Rabbit and the Flower Box were masked with a bit of repositionable tape and Lemon Lime Twist and Balmy Blue inks were added with a Blending Brush to create the impression of grass and sky.
- Accent Strips: (4⅛” x 1”) Regal Rose and Lemon Lime Twist cardstock scraps (from my Bin) cut in half.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base to match the sketch. Challenge Check: Tuesday Morning Sketch – a Scene; As You See It –Spring Flowering Tree and Flowers in the Bicycle Box; Time Out – Sweet Little Rabbit; and Color Throwdown – Gray, Pink, and Lime. Done and done!
Shaking the winter doldrums, doesn’t a bicycle ride just sound wonderful!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
12 thoughts on “Spring has Sprung – You are Wonderful”
Very pretty! I love how you stamped your scene. So glad you played along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
LikeLiked by 1 person
A very successful combination of so many challenges, Jolanda! The textured background adds great interest to an already lovely scene. Thanks for joining us again at As You See It Challenge.
This is very nice. I love the texture and the bicycle is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
Beautiful! I love how you stamped the tree!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie – TMS DT
Debbie’s Dash of This and That
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow, Jolanda, LOVE this pretty Spring scene! I am so impressed at how many stamp sets you used to pull it all together, I enjoy doing that, too, but I think you have me beat for sure! Great color choices, too! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!
What a wonderful way to combine all of these challenges and stamps into a pretty spring scene Jolanda – I love the bicycle and cherry blossom tree – not forgetting the cute rabbit too! Thanks for playing along with us over at As You See It Challenge!
Love this Jolanda – that’s a gorgeous spring card
What a sweet and precious little scene! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!
My favourite spring flowers have to be blossoms, too! They transform the trees! But they don’t last long enough, unfortunately! They have to be about their business of making fruit! I’m amazed at how well you’ve combined all those stamp sets and challenges! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges!
What a fun spring card! The added texture and the colorful tree look great! Thanks for playing at Time Out!
I struggle creating scenes, but you’ve nailed it here, Jolanda! I do not remember that bicycle/bunny stamp, but it sure is a cute one! Thanks for sharing this with us at As You See It this week!
I just love that little bunny guarding the bike! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenges!