Saturday chores are complete and now it is time to play.
Combining a few challenges. Sketch: Tuesday Morning Sketches (#647) with the suggestion to create a scene; Theme: As You See It (#270) using Spring Flowers; Time Out (#209) to add a Cute Critter; and Color: Color Thrown (#683) for the Gray, Pink and Lime.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Basic White cardstock.
- The sentiment, I see you and you are wonderful, from the now retired Sale-a-bration stamp set In Your Words was stamped with Smoky Slate ink.
- The panel was then dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Scenic Panel: (4⅛” x 3⅛”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Bunny, Bicycle and Flower Box image from the retired Summer Afternoon stamp set was stamped with Basic Gray ink.
- The image was water-colored using the Fine-Tipped Water Painter Brush. Flowers – retired Regal Rose (for the pink color); Flower Box and Grass – retired Lemon Lime Twist (for the lime color); Bicycle Frame – Smoky Slate direct from Ink Pad Lid; and the Bicycle Tires, Seat and Handles – Basic Gray with a little bit of Basic Black mixed in (Stampin’ Write Markers on a Block)
- The Tree image from the retired Snow Front stamp set was stamped in the background with Smoky Slate ink. The Foliage/Flowers were added with the small Spotted image stamp using both Lemon Lime Twist and Regal Rose inks.
- The cute little Rabbit and the Flower Box were masked with a bit of repositionable tape and Lemon Lime Twist and Balmy Blue inks were added with a Blending Brush to create the impression of grass and sky.
- Accent Strips: (4⅛” x 1”) Regal Rose and Lemon Lime Twist cardstock scraps (from my Bin) cut in half.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base to match the sketch. Challenge Check: Tuesday Morning Sketch – a Scene; As You See It –Spring Flowering Tree and Flowers in the Bicycle Box; Time Out – Sweet Little Rabbit; and Color Throwdown – Gray, Pink, and Lime. Done and done!
Shaking the winter doldrums, doesn’t a bicycle ride just sound wonderful!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UW7AAYQ2 (March 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.