Our current challenge at CARDZ 4 GUYZ (#287) is to have fun with Spots and/or Stripes.
With the 2022 Occasions Mini Catalog and Sale-a-bration Brochure launching this month, there are a lot of great new options…
I selected to use the new FREE Sale-a-bration Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper pack for the delightfully fun and bright colors. I paired it up with the FREE Sale-a-bration stamp set, Awesome Otters. Those cute little guys make for a sweet little boy’s birthday card.
I chose to use the Sunday Sketch, SS016 and keep the card #SimpleStamping for the Stampin’ Up! January Simple Stamping Challenge.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Pool Party cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Multi-Colored Dots patterned piece of paper from the Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper pack.
- Vertical Cross Strip: (4” x ½”) Mango Melody cardstock scrap.
- Horizontal Cross Strip: (1⅞” x 5¼”) Multi-Colored Stripes patterned piece of paper also from the Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Series Paper pack.
- Shape – Focal Image: (2” x 3”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- Both the Otter and the Birthday Hat, from the Awesome Otters stamp set were stamped with Night of Navy ink.
- The Otter was colored with a variety of Stampin’ Blends: Fur – Crumb Cake, Belly – Pale Papaya and Nose – retired Pink Pirouette.
- The Birthday Hat was also colored with the Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green. Pool Party and Magenta Madness Stampin’ Blends.
- Both images were fussy cut with Paper Snips.
All of the elements were adhered to match the Sketch. The Otter and his Hat were popped up with Dimensionals and give the impression that he is stepping up and out of the card to greet your Birthday Boy!
I hope I have given you some inspiration and that you will decide to join us for this challenge and post your creations. I look forward to seeing what you will make?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: PU39MFMB (January 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase during January and February.
One thought on “Awesome Otters – It’s Birthday Time”
I love this bright cheery card…perfect for our challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You have given great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our “spots and/or strips” challenge!!