Playing with a few challenges this morning…
Over at TGIF, the challenge (#343) was to create a Place Card and/or a Table Setting Favor. I made both. Over at Just Us Girls (#611) the color challenge included Aqua, Cream and Brown, so these were the colors I chose to use.
Here are the results:
Steps: Place Setting Favor Box.
- Mini Card
- Base: (5⅜” x 2” scored in half) Soft Suede cardstock.
- The original (2½” x 6” scored at 3”) piece was die-cut with the mini frame from the Merriest Frames Dies set, ensuring the fold remained intact.
- The front of the mini card images are from the Festive Foliage background stamp. The image was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Focal Image – Poinsettia. (2” x 4”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap. Two of the smaller Poinsettia images from the Merriest Moments stamp set were stamped with retired Lost Lagoon ink and Coastal Cabana ink and then die-cut with the coordinating Merriest Frames Die. The two images were stacked and adhered together. The Poinsettia was popped up on the mini card with a Dimensional.
- Inset: (2¼” x 1½”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Season’s Greetings from the Merriest Moments stamp set was stamped twice. Once with 2nd generation Soft Suede ink (stamped off once) and Lost Lagoon ink for a shadow effect.
- Favor Box (3” x 3½”)
- Top (5” x 5½” scored at 1” on all sides) and Bottom (5” x 5½” scored a smidge less than 1” on all sides) Coastal Cabana cardstock.
- Both top and bottom box pieces were assembled and fitted in to each other.
- Decoration: (3” x 3½”) Coastal Cabana cardstock dry-embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder added to the box lid.
- Belly Band: Diamond Weave Ribbon wrapped around the box.
- Place Name: (1¾” x ½”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap. The Name was hand-written with the Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker and the colored swoosh was added with the Dark Pool Party Stampin’ Blend.
- The Name Tag was trimmed with the Banners Pick A Punch and the flag was cut-in with Paper Snips.
Steps: Greeting Card.
Once the party is over, the intention was to take the mini card and add it as a focal image to an A2 Greeting Card.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Coastal Cabana cardstock
- Background Panel: (5⅜” x 4⅛”) Coastal Cabana cardstock dry-embossed with the Timeworn Type Embossing Folder.
- Accent Ribbon: Diamond Weave Ribbon (6½”) wrapped around the background panel.
- Vellum Slip Envelope: (3” x 2½”) die-cut with the Scalloped Frame die from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies set. The Vellum was adhered to the card front with the left edge open so that the mini card created for the favor box could be slipped in, completing the card.
Who doesn’t like a two-for? With tonight’s Thanksgiving dinner, we are celebrating the Season and with this card ready to go…spreading, Holiday cheer. Just add a message and a stamp and pop it in the post!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.