I am back! A few days R&R. Four missed challenges (can’t get them all sometimes) and a bit of catch up this evening on a few more challenges before I miss their deadlines too!
Let’s see how I did:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Naturals White cardstock. A rustic neutral color that I still have on hand.
- Background Panel: (4″ x 5¼”) Brushed Gold cardstock dry-embossed with the Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder.
- Plaid Panel Inset: (2⅛” x 2⅞”) Crumb Cake and Whisper White patterned piece of paper from the retired Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper pack. Additional plaid lines were added with the retired Stampin’ Dazzle Gold Marker.
- Sentiment: (1⅝” x 1⅛”) Soft Suede cardstock die-cut with the word Merry from the Word Wishes Dies set.
- Focal Image – Poinsettia and Holly: Using the stamps and dies from the Merriest Moments Bundle.
- Holly Leaves (1): The largest Leaf was die-cut three times from Soft Suede cardstock and hand embossed with the small point Stylus attachment from the Take Your Pick Tool.
- Holly Leaves (2): The largest Leaf was stamped three times with Versamark ink on to Soft Suede cardstock and heat-set with White Embossing Powder and then die-cut.
- Poinsettia (1): The largest Poinsettia was die-cut from the now retired Fall Sale-a-bration selection – Be Dazzling Specialty Paper.
- Poinsettia (2): The smaller Poinsettia was stamped with Versamark ink on to Crumb Cake cardstock and heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder and then die-cut.
- Poinsettia Center: The small three Berry stamp was stamped with Versamark ink on to Crumb Cake cardstock and heat-set with White Embossing Powder and then die-cut.
The Poinsettia was assembled and the Leaves were overlapped. The embossed background was adhered to the card base, the Plaid was inset, the sentiment attached and the Poinsettia was added to resemble the sketch. A small bow was made with the retired Forever Greenery Gold Twine and tucked up to the Poinsettia.
Roll Call: Ensuring I hit all the points…
As You See It:
- One Word Sentiment – Merry
- Embossing Folder – Merriest Frames Hybrid
- Punch of Die – Word Wishes (Sentiment) and Merriest Frames (Poinsettia and Holly)
- Ribbon or Twine – Forever Greenery Gold Twine
- Neutral Colors – Whites / Crumb Cake / Soft Suede / Golds
Tic Tac Toe:
- Plaid – Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper
- Layers – 8 including card base
- Die Cut – as above: Word Wishes (Sentiment) and Merriest Frames (Poinsettia and Holly)
Can’t you just see a series of white- or cream-colored candles nestled in amongst the splendor of these lovely neutral Poinsettias kissed with gold? How very pretty.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
PS. Sorry for the photography with shadows. It is night time and I usually take my photos in natural daylight.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.