Hey, it’s Tuesday! Time for the Case-ing Tuesday Challenge (#325). The sample that we are casing this week is a card found in the Holiday Catalog on page 28. I chose to use the color palette from the Paper Players Challenge (#562) and a suggested row from the current Tic Tac Toe Challenge (#134).
Here is what I came up with:
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Crumb Cake cardstock dry-embossed with the Timber 3D Embossing Folder.
- Overlap Panel: (4” x 2⅛”) Pale Papaya cardstock die-cut with one of the dies from the Basic Borders Dies set. The Berry image from the Etched in Nature stamp set and the sentiment, Thanks, from the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set were stamped with Early Espresso ink. The Berries were colored with the Light Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend.
- Overlap Panel Accent Mat: (4” x 1”) Pumpkin Pie cardstock die-cut with the same Basic Borders Die.
- The Pale Papaya and Pumpkin Pie panels were adhered together and then dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. (Note: Emboss panel(s) before adhering to avoid the edge impression that results when the accent mat is shorter than the top panel).
- Focal Image – Bird: Very Vanilla cardstock. The Bird and Branch image from the Etched in Nature stamp set was stamped with Early Espresso ink. The image was colored with Light Pale Papaya, Light Pumpkin Pie and the Light and Dark Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends. The image was then fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- All of the elements were adhered to an Early Espresso card base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to match the sketch.
Tic -Embossing, Tac – Thanks and Toe – Bird…check! Colors – Pumpkin Pie, Pale Papaya, Early Espresso and 4th color – Crumb Cake…check! Sketch – Background Panel, Overlap Panel, and the Power of Three: Bird, Sentiment and Berries…check!
The beauty of nature and natural settings compliment this Bird. A subtle but pretty Thank You card.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: TAFZCQ3Q (October 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.