And the challenges keep on coming…can you stand to look at another of my creations today?
Sketch: Try Stampin’ on Tuesday Challenge (#517); Color and Subject: August Cookie Challenge (#159) and Theme: Seize the Birthday Challenge (#220).
Here is the result:
- Focal Image: (1½” x ¾”) Basic White cardstock. The Bon-Bons from the Nothing Better Than stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then two-step stamped with the coordinating In-Fill stamp colored with Real Red ink and retired Marina Mist ink. The Bon-Bons were then die-cut with the coordinating die from the Love You More Than Dies set. Marina Mist was chosen because I wanted a softer but brighter blue versus a turquoise/teal color.
- Circle: (1⅝”) Basic White cardstock scrap die-cut with one of the dies from the Layering Circle Dies set.
- Accent Scallop: (1¾”) Marina Mist (retired) cardstock scrap also die-cut using the same set of Layering Circle Dies.
- Rectangle Side Panel: (2” x 4”) Striped Black and White patterned piece of paper from the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper Hostess pack. Alternating Stripes were colored with the Alcohol Markers. Blue: Light Night of Navy Stampin’ Blendabilities (retired) and Light Real Red Stampin’ Blends
- Banner Flag: (3¾” x ½”) Basic White cardstock scrap stamped with the little Star from the same stamp set, Nothing Better Than, in Real Red ink.
- Accent Flag: (3⅞” x ⅝”) Basic Black cardstock scrap.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock. The word “Chocolate”, also from the Nothing Better Than stamp set, was stamped with Marina Mist ink in the upper left corner. The panel was then dry-embossed with the retired Snow Falling Embossing Folder. This was to suggest powdered confectionary sugar.
- Sentiment Label: (1¾” x ½”) Basic White cardstock scrap. The truncated sentiment, …on your SPECIAL day, from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Label Accent: (2” x ⅝”) Marina Mist cardstock scrap.
All of the elements were adhered to a Real Red card base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to resemble the sketch.
Who wouldn’t love some hand-made chocolates for their birthday? This “baker” is now covered from head-to-toe in powdered sugar…but it sure was fun creating them!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
11 thoughts on “Nothing Better Than – Chocolate on your Special Day”
Jum, Jolanda!!! Your card is a great example of “clean and simple”, yet has so many textures and colors! Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us at Try Stampin’ on Tuesday!!! -Donna
Great colors!! Makes it look like a brand new stamp set!
Oh yum, Jolanda! Feeling the need to raid the Godiva shelves now, lol – such a perfect take on our sketch! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!
Great colors, great texture, great card, Jolanda! Your design is perfect for our sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin’ on Tuesday Challenge #517.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Melanie!
Chocolate is definitely a vital part of a special day! Beautiful card. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Lindsey. Much appreciated!
So, so, so sweet! Love the color choice! Great job with Challenge 517 this week at Try Stampin’ on Tuesday Challenge! Thank you for joining us!
Nothing better than chocolate any day! LOL Love the colors and the way you managed to get stripes in your design, both with paper and banners! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Adorable card!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE… challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper