The CAS Color & Sketch Challenge (#492) this week is a double. The color choice had me diving into my paper storage bins and hunting out retired ink pads.
What fun to play with the old and mixing it with the new!
Here is the result:
- Square Card Base: (8½” x 4¼” scored at 4¼”) Tangerine Tango.
- Background Panel: (4”) Square. Basic White cardstock. The larger Ink Swirl from the Artistically Inked stamp set was stamped in an Ombre effect to create my own patterned paper. Pink Pirouette ink at the top, Peach Parfait ink in the middle and Tangerine Tango ink at the bottom.
- Flag: (1¼” x 4”) Peach Parfait cardstock hand snipped to create the Flag. The Flag was dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder to add a little ribbon-like texture.
- Sentiment Rectangle: (2¾” x 2¼”) Basic White cardstock. The sentiment, Thanks, from the Simply Succulents stamp set was stamped with Tangerine Tango ink to the lower right.
- Accent Mat: (3” x 2½”) Pink Pirouette cardstock.
- Focal Point: (2¼” x 3”) Basic White cardstock. The Floral image, from the Art Gallery stamp set was stamped with Peach Parfait ink and the Stems were wiped clean. Pear Pizzazz ink was applied directly to the stamp using the Stampin’ Write Marker before stamping. The Floral Highlight image was stamped in to the Tangerine Tango ink pad and added to the three larger Blossoms. The Floral image was die-cut using the companion Floral Gallery Dies set.
To complete this card, all of the elements were arranged as per the sketch and adhered in place with the Floral image popped up with Dimensionals.
I love how easy it is to create a background with the Artistically Inked stamp set.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 47AMY34A (July 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
3 thoughts on “Art Gallery – Floral Thanks”
Beautiful! Love what you have done with the colors and sketch, the Art Gallery stamp set is the perfect addition to any background/texture stamp collection, I love that set. Your background is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S
Pretty interpretation on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.
This is beautiful Jolanda – that background compliments your florals beautifully and is a great way to combine all three colours too. Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!