Every month Stampin’ Up! creates a #SimpleStamping Challenge and this month in addition to just Stamps, Paper and Ink, we are encouraged to use a Punch. With this in mind, I gave the current Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge (#365) a try.
Here is the result:
For my color scheme, I went with the tone-on-tone monochromatic soft look of Very Vanilla.
- Centre Shape: (2½”) Square. Very Vanilla cardstock. The corners were rounded and detailed using the Detailed Trio Punch. Small scraps of the retired Brushed Gold cardstock were adhered behind the punched corner details so the piece looked nicely finished.
- Focal Image: Dragonflies. The two Dragonfly images from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set were stamped on to a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock using Bumble Bee ink and then punched out with the Dragonflies Punch.
- Horizontal Cross Panel: (4” x 1¾”) Brushed Gold cardstock.
- Accent Mat: (4¼” x 2”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Vertical Cross Panel: (2½” x 4”) Stripes – Retired Basic Patterns Neutral Family Designer Series Paper in Very Vanilla (retired). The sentiment, You are So worth celebrating, from the All Squared Away stamp set was stamped with Bumble Bee ink at the bottom of the panel.
- Accent Mat: (2¾” x 4”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Dots – Retired Basic Patterns Neutral Family Designer Series Paper in Very Vanilla (retired).
All the elements were adhered to a Very Vanilla card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”). A few Champagne Rhinestone Jewels were added for a bit of bling.
There are so many wonderful cards you can make when you keep it simple. Just paper, some ink and a great stamp can make for a lovely card and punches are an inexpensive way to add dimension to your projects. Don’t forget to chop up and use that stash of paper you have!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.