I created a subtle masculine card with a pop of green that can be used for any occasion. The color palette is neutral enough that it is suitably feminine as well.
I love Black and White / Vanilla with a pop of color and the introduction of a Metallic element is a nice addition.
Here is the result:
- Circle Element: (2¾”) Basic Black cardstock. The Circle was created by die-cutting the Swirl Label from the Painted Label Dies. The center of the Swirl Label was then removed by die-cutting with the (1¾”) circle die from the Layering Circle Dies.
- Curved Leaf Element: Brushed Gold cardstock (retired but still in the Studio) was die-cut with the Leaf die from the Artistic Dies set.
- Cross Strip: (2” x 5⅛”) Granny Apple Green cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Background Panel: (3⅞” x 5⅛”) Very Vanilla cardstock dry -embossed with the Meadow Moments Embossing Folder.
- Sentiment Label: (2½” x ⅜”) Brushed Gold cardstock. The sentiment, You Are So Loved, from the Bamboo Beauty stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder. The sentiment label shape was die-cut using the smaller label die from the Potted Succulents Die set.
I adhered all of the elements to a Basic Black card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”). As this was intended to be gender-neutral, no other embellishments were added.
I like how the Granny Apple Green is toned down by the use of Very Vanilla. The Brushed Gold cardstock works well too because it is not as shiny as Gold Foil cardstock. I am pretty happy with how this card turned out.
My first idea for these two challenges did not come together but that is a card I will share with you another day…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. It is so much fun playing in the Studio and getting to share what I make with you. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.