Having a play with the Sketch Saturday Challenge (#662): Choose from the Archives (#279) and picking the theme from The Spot Challenge (#164), the Materials from The Paper Players (#523): Tic Tac Toe Challenge with the colors suggested by the CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge (#422).
Creating a dream sequence where my father is still here and holding me in his arms.
- The Father and Daughter image from A Good Man stamp set was inked in Versamark and stamped on to a Basic White cardstock panel (2¼” x 4”) and then heat-set with Black Embossing Powder.
- Using Masking Fluid (a painter’s standby) instead of a Post-It-Note, I painted over the embossed image.
- I selected the larger Ink Swirl image from the Artistically Inked stamp set to create the dreamy mood and stamped it twice with Smoky Slate ink over top of the masked image.
- The Masking Fluid was rubbed off (as it dries to a soft rubber that is easy to remove) and the image was then colored with Stampin’ Blends. Dad’s Top – Soft Succulent, Dad’s Jeans – Smoky Slate, Girl’s Top – Fresh Freesia, Girl’s Jeans – Dark Highland Heather standing in for Gorgeous Grape, Hair – Cinnamon Cider and Skin – Ivory.
- The focal image panel was matted with Smoky Slate cardstock (2⅜” x 4⅛”).
- The background panel (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock was dry-embossed with my favorite Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Continuing to expand on the two neutral colors chosen to support the image, I cut a Black Dotted pattern flag (2½” x ⅝”) from a patterned sheet found in the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack along with the same sized flag cut from a scrap of Smoky Slate cardstock. The sentiment, Happy Father’s Day, from the Better Places stamp set was also stamped in Versamark and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder.
All the elements were arranged on to a Smoky Slate card base (8 ½” x 5 ½” scored at 4 ¼”) to resemble the chosen sketch.
Lovingly created for all those Father’s who are not able to be with us so we can say, once more, how much we love them.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “A Good Man – Dad Remembered”
This is so cool….I am mostly impressed that you managed to use those challenge colors for a masculine card…and what a neat card it is! That background is so interesting and I love the sketch too. Thanks for playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!
I love the way you’ve coloured this image! Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S:)