This week’s Case-ing Tuesday Sketch Challenge (#305) features the new stamp set Plentiful Plants and the colors suggested by the Global Design Project Team (#293).
I am back in the 70’s and in my Mother’s Living Room…
- Focal Image: All pieces were die-cut with the coordinating Perfect Plant Dies.
- The Clay Pot was stamped with Pale Papaya ink and the edge was sponged lightly with Cinnamon Cider ink for a bit of shading on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock with the image from the Plentiful Plants stamp set.
- The Macrame Hanger was die-cut from another scrap of Basic White cardstock.
- The Plants were die-cut from scraps of Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen and Just Jade cardstock.
- Background Circle (2¾’) was die-cut with the circle shape from the Painted Labels Dies from a piece of Vellum. I colored the back of a Vellum (3”) square with Pale Papaya ink using a Blending Brush before die-cutting to give a little color but allow the patterned paper to show through.
- Background Panel – Right: (3” x 4½’) Gray Granite Brick pattern from the Bloom Where You Are Planted Designer Series Paper. The sentiment, You Touched My Heat, from the Plentiful Plants stamp set was added to the bottom of the panel and stamped with Evening Evergreen ink.
- Background Panel – Left: (3” x 5¼’) Green Leafy pattern. This is the reverse side of the Brick pattern.
I added a little bit of Old Olive Linen Twine through the Macrame Loop and tucked it behind the Brick panel. All of the elements were adhered to match the sketch on to a Pale Papaya card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”). The focal image, the Hanging Macrame Basket takes the place of the sentiment label and the Brick panel takes the place of the floral stamping.
This card is so cozy to me. I hope you like it! Such fond memories…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C9YFJ9WG (May 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.