We are starting over again. New stamps, new ideas…sketches never go out of style! Welcome to Sunday Sketch – SS001.
Not sure what happened re: Sunday. I just a chance to work on this sketch today. Hope you will like it!
Colors were inspired by the Colour INKspiration Challenge (#100). The theme was chosen to coincide with the Make My Monday Challenge (#149).
Here is the result.
- I chose to die-cut a series of floral pieces from the Pierced Blooms Dies in the color challenge colors: Gorgeous Grape, Magenta Madness and Bermuda Bay from scraps in my bins.
- I sourced some tissue paper (very pale purple) from my stash and stamped it with the Newspaper image using Smoky Slate ink. I then used the die-cut for the Wrap from the Wrapped Flowers Dies set.
- I also die-cut a scrap of Basic White cardstock with the outline Bouquet image to use as a support for the tissue Newspaper and the Flowers.
- For the Circle element in the sketch, I double die-cut the (2⅞”) and (2⅝”) Circle Layering Dies to make the Circle Ring. I did not want to cover up the pretty patterned paper with a solid circle.
- The Background Panel (3¼” x 5½”) was cut from a piece of patterned paper from the Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper pack.
- The Flag (3½” x ¾’) Basic White scrap piece. The sentiment, Happy Birthday…You Really are the Best, from the In Bloom stamp set was stamped with Gorgeous Grape ink.
- I added a die-cut Bow (found in the Pierced Blooms Dies set) for the sentiment label decoration element from a scrap of Magenta Madness cardstock.
All of the elements were assembled on a Bermuda Bay card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼’) to match the sketch and make the Floral Bouquet pop! Lovely rich colors for this pretty birthday card accented with a bit of Rhinestone Jewels for bling!
Thanks for being you and taking the time to browse my blog. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C9YFJ9WG (May 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
4 thoughts on “In Bloom – Happy Birthday”
Great, Great card!!
Thank you, Peggy!
Hi dear friend, your floral birthday card is awesome! I love the layout and the placement of flowers, just a wonderful card, someone will be really lucky to get this!! Thank you for playing at MMM!
Pamela, thank you. That is so sweet of you to say.