Number 52…a full year of sketches completed. Welcome to Sunday Sketch – SS052.
Colors were inspired by the Color Throw Down Challenge – CTD642.
Here is the result.
Two techniques: Clear Color Embossing and Bleach Painting.
- I started with a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock (2¼” x 3½”). The Floral image from the Color & Contour stamp set was inked in Versamark ink and then inked in Early Espresso ink. The stamped image was then heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Using bleach and a fine paint brush, the Crumb Cake color was lifted from the Floral image and then a bit of Splatter was created by flicking the bleach off of the brush.
- Color was re-introduced to the Floral image. The Blossoms were colored with the Polished Pink and Real Red Stampin’ Blends and the Leaves were colored with the Old Olive Stampin’ Blends.
- Accent Mat: (2⅜” x 3⅝”) Early Espresso cardstock.
- Mid Panel: (3¼” x 4½’) Polished Pink cardstock.
- Accent Mat: (3⅜” x 4⅝”) Early Espresso cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Pear Pizzazz cardstock.
- Ribbon Element: Retired Real Red Cotton (¼”) Ribbon wrapped around all of the pieces above and a small tied bow added on top.
- Sentiment Label: (1 ⅜” x 1”) Early Espresso cardstock die-cut with the small label Potted Succulent Die. The sentiment, Thanks for Being You, from the Free as A Bird stamp set was inked in Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. To tone down the white-ness of the embossed image, a little So Saffron ink was sponged over the words with a Sponge Dauber.
All of the elements were assembled to match the sketch the final panel was adhered to a Early Espresso card base.
This is such a feminine card, I thought I would enter it in to the current Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – WWC315
Thanks for being you and taking the time to browse my blog. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C9YFJ9WG (May 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.