- Sketch: Case-ing Tuesday #297
- Color: SU! Color Challenge for March
- Style: Stampin’ Up! #SIMPLESTAMPING March Challenge
Here is what I came up with:
For the March #SimpleStamping Challenge, in addition to Stamp – Paper – Ink, we were encouraged to use Designer Series Paper.
The SU! Colors for March are: Daffodil Delight, Garden Green and Seaside Spray. I added Soft Suede in to the mix along with a bit of So Saffron.
- Stamp Set(s): Pears – See the Good, Sentiment – Butterfly Wishes, Speckles – Itty Bitty Backgrounds (retired) but any splotch stamp would work.
- Paper: Seaside Spray card base (5½” x 8½” scored at 4¼”), Basic White panel (3⅞” x 5⅛”) and So Saffron label (2¾” x ⅝”).
- Designer Series Paper: I selected the Seaside Spray gingham pattern (1¾” x 4¼”) from the 2019/2021 In-Color 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper pack.
- Ink: On a scrap of Basic White cardstock, the Pears were stamped with Daffodil Delight and the edges were sponged with Garden Green and the stems were colored with the Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker before stamping on the paper. The Pears were then fussy cut. Garden Green (stamped off once) speckles were added to the Basic White panel to soften the bright of the white. The sentiment, It was a perfect day…, was stamped on to the So Saffron label with Soft Suede ink. I chose So Saffron instead of Daffodil Delight to keep the tone soft.
All the elements were arranged to mimic the Case-ing Tuesday sketch.
It is hard sometimes to not use the other tools that are around and about. I like to use the Cut & Emboss machine, especially to add texture to my panels and dies can eliminate the need for a fussy cut. Keeping it Simple with just Stamps, Paper and Ink reminds you that you do not need much more than that to create a great card.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: T64MCSN7 (April 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.