Playing around in the Studio with the MOJO Monday Sketch #554 and The SPOT Creative Challenge #152.
Here is what I created:
The painted chair inspired the (2¾” x 4½”) panel. I took a piece of Pool Party cardstock and dry embossed it with the Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder. To create the pickled effect, I added White Craft Ink to the inside top-side of the folder with a Sponge Brayer. This technique adds color into the grooves of the wood. More white ink, again with the Sponge Brayer, was added directly to the embossed woodgrain.
The flowers inspired the Floral image that I stamped on Watercolor Paper and colored on the 2⅜” Stitched Shapes Die Circle. The flowers are from the Wrapped Bouquet stamp set. The flowers were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Stampin’ Blends. The colors selected were: Pool Party, Just Jade, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody and Calypso Coral.
Working top to bottom.
- The circle as described above.
- The three squares (1⅝”) were die-cut with the Stitched Shapes Die Square from Watercolor Paper. The sentiment, Today We Celebrate You, comes from the Treasured Medallions stamp set and is also stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- The Pool Party woodgrain panel as described above.
- The Just Jade Background Panel (3¾” x 5”) dry embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- All put together on a Basic White card base.
I like how this card came together. The white squares keep your focus on the stamped floral image.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
Principle Product Supply List: If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: XDYZH9TE (March 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.