I don’t often tell a lot of stories here on my blog posts but I have one for you today! Read on and I will tell you all about the reason I made this particular card.
Here is what I created. Why? When I was a child, our family Doctor had his practice in the same little plaza as the local Pharmacy. For us, the visits to the Doctor were much less scary because at the end of each visit he wrote out a prescription and gave it to you. What for? A popsicle! In cahoots with the Pharmacist, we all got to trot next door and redeem our prescription. My favorites were Lemon, Cherry and Orange! What was your favorite flavor?
Sketch (Card) Elements:
- Card Base: (4¼” x 5½”) Calypso Coral
- Panel 1: (4” x 5¼”) Very Vanilla stamped with the Sprinkle image from the Sweet Ice Cream stamp set in So Saffron, Flirty Flamingo and Calypso Coral.
- Mat: (2 ⅞” x 4 ⅛”) Flirty Flamingo
- Panel 2: (2¾” x 4”) Very Vanilla. Using the Dotted Basic Pattern Decorative Mask as a Stencil, I mixed a little White Embossing Paste with Daffodil Delight Ink Refill on a Silicone Craft Sheet with one of the Palette Knives for the yellow dots. I then mixed in some Calypso Coral Ink Refill to create a pinky-orange dots.
- Note: Remove Mask and clean embossing paste from all tools used as soon as possible. If paste hardens, it will be almost impossible to remove.
- Sentiment Label: (2 ¾” x ¾”) Calypso Coral. The sentiment, Congrats and You Totally Earned It, from the Many Mates stamp set were stamped in Versamark and heat set with White Embossing Powder.
- Focal Image(s): The Popsicles, were fussy cut from one of the sheets in the Ice Cream Corner DSP pack. They are grounded by a Cinnamon Cider cardstock Square made with the Rectangle Postage Stamp Punch.
All the elements were arranged on the card base to match the sketch.
I love the texture created by using a Stencil (Mask) with Embossing Paste. Infinite variety of possibilities when colored. Hope you liked my little tale and yes, we totally earned those popsicles for being good patients!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
Principle Product Supply List: If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: XDYZH9TE (March 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.