A color challenge deadline is approaching, Just Add Ink (#613)…such a pretty combination, Fresh Freesia (soft purple), Starry Sky (vibrant blue) and Mint Macaron (lovely shade of green). But what to do with them?
I pulled out the super pretty Black and White Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper and opted to watercolor one of the Floral images. Combining the Tic Tac Toe (#171) and Seize the Birthday (#243) challenges with my interpretation of the current Paper Craft Crew (#479) sketch.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.
- Side Panel: (2” x 4”) Black and White Dotted piece of patterned paper from the now retired Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack.
- Focal Panel – Floral Spray: Clipped Floral from one of the patterned pieces of paper in the Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper pack.
- Using the Fine-Tipped Water Painter Brush, a small paint palette and a drop of each color from the Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill bottles, the Floral image was water colored with Fresh Freesia, Starry Sky and Mint Macaron.
- The Floral image was then fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Sentiment Label: (1¾” x ⅜”) Basic Black cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Just Because, from the Ranunculus Romance stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
All of the elements were adherd to the card base, completing the card.
Just Because is a great sentiment as it can be used for many occasions depending on what you stamp and/or write on the inside. My girlfriend will really like this one…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C7E9W22R (July 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.