I selected a number of challenges to work with…
Sketch: Retro Rubber (#172); Theme: Seize The Birthday (#228) and Color: Color Throw Down (#670).
Funny thing…on the way to the Studio I discovered that over at Double Trouble (#98), the challenge (1) was to create a new project using your stuff. The challenge (3) was to choose an element or two from Tracey’s card sample and the challenge (2) Twist was to play along and link up with some of their past Partners…one of which was Retro Rubber. Why not try to add that in too!
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Background Panel (4” x 5¼”) Fresh Freesia Gingham/Plaid patterned piece of paper from the Pansy Petal Designer Series Paper pack. I selected the light pink/purple Fresh Freesia color as my PINK. The sentiments, Here’s To Those…, from the retired Part of My Story (circa 2019) stamp set and Happy Birthday, from the Enjoy the Moment stamp set were stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder. I also sprinkled the paper with more Black Embossing Powder and heat-set from below to create a Black Dot effect or splatter.
- Horizontal Panel Strips: (3¾” x ¾”) Basic White cardstock. The Strips were flagged with the Banner Pick A Punch and then dry-embossed with the Checks Embossing Folder.
- Focal Images: (2½” x 3”) Basic White cardstock scrap. The Craft Pot with Brushes and the Scissors from the retired Crafting Forever (circa 2017) stamp set were stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder. The images were then colored with the Smoky Slate, Fresh Freesia and Basic Black Stampin’ Blends. The images were then fussy cut with Paper Snips. When I was adding the Spatter Dots to the patterned paper, I also added some to the Craft Pot.
All that was left was to put the card together. Much love to my crafting friend for her constant inspiration as I celebrate her birthday!
- Retro Stamp Sets: Crafting Forever and Part of My Story – check
- Hobby/Pastime: Crafting – check
- Colors: Pink, Gray, Silver and White – check
- Tracey’s Card Elements: Gingham/Plaid, Banners, Dry Embossing and Black Dots – check
- Partner Link: Retro Rubber – check
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
I took a look at some of the other past Partners and my card will qualify for their Anything Goes Challenges: Crafter’s Café (#279) and Crafting Happiness (#118).
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: X66GWHEP (December 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
11 thoughts on “Crafting Forever – Inspired Happy Birthday”
That’s a great card, love how you did the embossed strips, what a unique background! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.
Those embossed banners are terrific – great colour scheme as well. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble 🙂
Love how you created your weaved banners and love your crafter card… great interpretation of the sketch and pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting Happiness, Crafter’s Cafe and Retro Rubber.
I adore this card! The color, the theme, the embossed images! Fabulous job and so happy you used the topping too! Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!
Love the unique weaving detail! Beautiful take on the Throwdown colors!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Gorgeous card and spot on for the sketch! I love the crafty images and really adore the colors you used! Perfect combo! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!
I love the sentiment and the colour palette. What a wonderful crafty card and those weaved banners are amazing! Fabulous use of my sketch. Thank you for playing along at Retro Rubber this time. Happy Holidays to you and yours. Claire DT
What a great combination for all the challenges! The embossed strips and lovely stamped images are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber, come again soon!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love your card and crafting elements. Thanks for playing along with our challenges at Double Trouble.
love all the elements you added to your card! I love the artsy things you added to your card. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.
What a wonderful sentiment! And goes perfectly with the fun images. Love the design, too! Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!