I selected a number of challenges to work with…
Funny thing…on the way to the Studio I discovered that over at Double Trouble (#98), the challenge (1) was to create a new project using your stuff. The challenge (3) was to choose an element or two from Tracey’s card sample and the challenge (2) Twist was to play along and link up with some of their past Partners…one of which was Retro Rubber. Why not try to add that in too!
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Background Panel (4” x 5¼”) Fresh Freesia Gingham/Plaid patterned piece of paper from the Pansy Petal Designer Series Paper pack. I selected the light pink/purple Fresh Freesia color as my PINK. The sentiments, Here’s To Those…, from the retired Part of My Story (circa 2019) stamp set and Happy Birthday, from the Enjoy the Moment stamp set were stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder. I also sprinkled the paper with more Black Embossing Powder and heat-set from below to create a Black Dot effect or splatter.
- Horizontal Panel Strips: (3¾” x ¾”) Basic White cardstock. The Strips were flagged with the Banner Pick A Punch and then dry-embossed with the Checks Embossing Folder.
- Focal Images: (2½” x 3”) Basic White cardstock scrap. The Craft Pot with Brushes and the Scissors from the retired Crafting Forever (circa 2017) stamp set were stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder. The images were then colored with the Smoky Slate, Fresh Freesia and Basic Black Stampin’ Blends. The images were then fussy cut with Paper Snips. When I was adding the Spatter Dots to the patterned paper, I also added some to the Craft Pot.
All that was left was to put the card together. Much love to my crafting friend for her constant inspiration as I celebrate her birthday!
- Retro Stamp Sets: Crafting Forever and Part of My Story – check
- Hobby/Pastime: Crafting – check
- Colors: Pink, Gray, Silver and White – check
- Tracey’s Card Elements: Gingham/Plaid, Banners, Dry Embossing and Black Dots – check
- Partner Link: Retro Rubber – check
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: X66GWHEP (December 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.