The Happy Little Stamper’s group puts out five different challenges each month. The July CAS (Clean and Simple) Challenge was “Citrus and Zing”. I have to tell you I struggled with this theme. Every Lemon type stamp set that I recalled I might still have, I could not find. Then yesterday I had an idea. This idea was further explored when I saw the newly posted Tic Tac Toe Challenge (#124). There was a light at the end of the tunnel!
Here is the result:
- The Swirl Floral stamp from the retired Crazy About You stamp set looked a little like the inside of a cut Citrus Fruit. So, on a scrap of Basic White cardstock, I stamped three Swirls in Daffodil Delight (Lemon), Pumpkin Pie (Orange) and the retired Lemon Lime Twist (Lime) inks. The retired (1¾”) Circle Punch was a perfect fit.
- Next, I used the retired (2”) Circle Punch to create the Citrus Rinds from scraps of Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Lemon Lime Twist cardstock.
- Fruit / Citrus – Check.
- For the Drink, I pulled out the retired stamp set, Bubble Over and stamped the tall Bottle on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock with the Lemon Lime Twist ink and then die-cut the Bottle with the matching die from the retired Bottle and Bubbles Dies set. I stamped a second partial image of the Bottle with Daffodil Delight ink and added the sentiment, Your Kindness is Refreshing, from the same stamp set with Pumpkin Pie ink. The Bottle Label was fussy cut with Paper Snips and adhered to the Bottle. To complete the Bottle, the Bottle Cap was die-cut with another die from the same set using a scrap of retired Brushed Silver cardstock.
- Drink / Zing – Check. Are you familiar with the Soda “WINK”? This was a favorite of mine growing up. I don’t find it too often anymore but it had a good citrus kick to it!
- Determining the best layout, I played with the elements and decided to cut the Lime in half and I added a little frou-frou with the Granny Apple Green die-cut Fronds I had on my cutting table. The Fronds were originally die-cut with the now retired Tropical Dies set. A refreshing drink makes me think of sunny beach escapes. Once all the elements were in place, they were adhered to a Basic White Background panel (4” x 5¼”) with the Lime Wedge popped up with Dimensionals.
- After considering, Pumpkin Pie, Lemon Lime Twist and Daffodil Delight, I chose Daffodil Delight for the card base. This color made all of the other colors pop.
And we are done! Oops, no, one element is still missing…the Sparkle! I added one pretty glittery Wonderful Gem and three smaller Gold Glitter Enamel Dots (both retired) from my stash of embellishments to the side of the Bottle. Do you think they work well for Bubbles or Water Drops? Either way, I like what they bring to the scene.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 47AMY34A (July 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.