Time for this week’s Sunday Sketch – SS049. A sneak peek of one of the new stamp sets that will debut in May. Flowers of Friendship is a sweet little set with a bunch of Thank You sentiments and comes bundled with a coordinating Flowers and Leaves punch. Over at The Flower Challenge #55, the theme colors were pastel so that is what I chose to work with.
This is what I created…
- I started with a (2¼” x 3¼”) piece of Basic White cardstock. The Floral image from the Flowers of Friendship stamp set was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the image with a variety of Stampin’ Blends: Light and Dark Petal Pink, Light and Dark Flirty Flamingo, Light Soft Seafoam and both Light and Dark Mint Macaron. I also added the retired Light Soft Sky color to the background. The panel was then dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Mint Macaron cardstock was chosen for the off-kilter mat (2¼” x 3¼”).
- For the (2” x 5¼”) side panel, I chose the pretty Flirty Flamingo patterned sheet from the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper.
- I opted to add an additional background layer in Basic White cardstock (4” x 5¼”) which was dry-embossed with the Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder.
- The sketch shows a part of a circle shape under the double matted focal point. For this, I chose to use one of the Colored Doilies that I still had on hand. I added Petal Pink ink to the “white” reverse side with a Sponge Brayer.
- I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set with Versamark ink on to a scrap of Basic Black cardstock and heat-set it with White Embossing Powder. The sentiment was closely trimmed.
All of the elements were assembled and adhered to a Basic White card base to match the sketch.
Lots of possibilities with this sketch. Try your hand at making something!
Be inspired to play. I think I am really going to like this new set.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: T64MCSN7 (April 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.