Fa la la…Christmas in July. A number of challenges are heading to the tree lot. Do you smell the pine…are you thinking about the holidays?
Over at AAA Cards (#119), the theme is a Christmas Pet. I do not have such a stamp and chose to improvise. My card is not strictly CAS (clean and simple) but there is still a fair amount of white space. Regardless, this theme was the starting point.
Over at Double Trouble (#115), Thing #1 is looking for a holiday card, Thing #2 dared you to share your card with Color My Heart (#503) if you followed Thing #2’s suggestion to use their Crazy 8 color grid. So, I said, why not?
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Mossy Meadow cardstock.
- Rectangle Frame: (3¾” x 5”) Sweet Sorbet cardstock die cut with that same sized frame die from the Fabulous Frames Dies set.
- Frame Inset Panel: (3” x 4¼”) Basic White cardstock die cut with the same frame die as above and chose the inset piece.
- The sentiment, Jingle all the way, from the retired Jingle All The Way stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink along the bottom of the panel
- Scalloped Frame: (2⅝” x 4”) Pear Pizzazz cardstock die-cut with another of the frame dies from the same set of dies as above.
- Frame Inset Panel: (2⅜” x 3”) Basic White cardstock die-cut with the same frame and chose the inset piece.
- Starting with a larger piece of Basic White cardstock, the “Singing” Kitten image from the retired Pretty Kitty stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- A mask was also created by stamping the image again on a Post-It-Note and fussy cutting the Kitten with Paper Snips.
- The Spindly Tree image from the retired Peaceful Pines stamp set was stamped with Mossy Meadow ink and added over the mask to ensure the Kitten stayed in the foreground.
- The String of Lights image, from the same stamp set was stamped with Sweet Sorbet ink and added to the Tree.
- The mask was removed.
- The Music Notes image, from the Jingle All The Way stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and added to the right of the Tree and above the Kitten’s head.
- The scene was then colored with Stampin’ Blends. Kitten – Light and Dark Smoky Slate, Bow – Light Sweet Sorbet, Tree – Light Old Olive.
- Shadowing was added with the retired Light Soft Sky Stampin’ Blendability marker to suggest the scene is outdoors and in the Snow.
- Once the image was complete, it was die-cut with the Scallop Frame die to be used as an inset for the Pear Pizzazz Frame.
All of the frames and insets were adhered to the card base. I am really happy with how this card turned out. Taking a tour through my stamp sets to see what I could come up with was fun. Hoping that my singing kitty makes you smile. Jingle bells, jingle bells, …
As I did a bit of coloring, I thought I would add this card to the Color Crazy Challenge (#26).
Thanks for spending some of your time with me. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C7E9W22R (July 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.