Welcome back! A quick card for you today and I mean quick.
Trying my hand at the current As You See It (#277) Speed Challenge.
The key to the challenge is to map out your idea, source your materials (i.e stamps, inks and papers etc.) and have them on hand ready to go when you hit the timer button.
How long do you think it took me to create this little card? Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4¼” x 5½”) Real Red Dotted patterned piece of paper from the retired 2020/2021 Regals Designer Series Paper pack.
- The patterned paper was adhered to the card base.
- Focal Panel: (3¾” x 3¾”) Smoky Slate cardstock.
- The Elephant and Mouse image from the retired Love You Lots stamp set was stamped with Basic Gray ink.
- The Little Balloon image from the retired Approaching Perfection stamp set was added, also with Basic Gray ink, with the aid of the Stamp a-ma-jig Positioning Tool for exact placement so that the Little Mouse was giving it to the Elephant.
- With a Fine-Tipped Craft Brush, a little bit of Bleach was added to the Balloon to remove the gray color.
- The sentiment, The bad news is:…, also from the Approaching Perfection stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Heat setting the embossing powder also completely dried the bleached balloon and the Balloon was then colored with the Dark Real Red Stampin’ Blend.
- I chose to add the white embossed sentiment, happy belated birthday, from the retired Older & Wiser stamp set to the bottom of the panel
- The panel was adhered to the front of the card, and we are done!
Really Simple Stamping: Stamps, Ink and Paper with a bit of bleach and embossing powder. I know exactly who will get this card!
Thanks for coming along on this speed challenge. Cheers, Jolanda.
Time? Oh, yes…here is the clock:
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: NTBGDX2J (June 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.