The CASology Challenge – Cue Word (#395) is ONE.
I created my card using the Case-ing Tuesday Facebook Challenge (#322) Sketch.
ONE Image, ONE Word and ONE Color…
Here is the result:
- I chose to use Very Vanilla cardstock as a neutral and Cajun Craze as my color.
- Background panel (4” x 5¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder with the pattern going vertical.
- Diagonal Cross Strip: (4¼” x 1¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock also dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder with the pattern going horizontal. The Cajun Craze ink was added to the edges of the cross-strip label with a Sponge Dauber.
- Focal Image – Maple Leaf: The Solid Leaf shape was die-cut from a scrap of Cajun Craze cardstock and the Open Leaf Overlay shape was die-cut from a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock. Both Leaf dies are from the retired Seasonal Layers Dies set. The Very Vanilla Leaf was adhered over the Cajun Craze Leaf. A little highlight sponging was done with Cajun Craze ink and the Sponge Dauber to ensure that the Leaf was separated from the background panel.
- Sentiment Word – Friend: The Friend word was die-cut from another scrap of Cajun Craze cardstock using the retired Well Written Dies set. The word was adhered to the cross-strip.
- All of the Leaf, popped up with Dimensionals, and Sentiment Label were adhered to a Very Vanilla card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to keep the card clean and simple and match my interpretation of the sketch.
Let that friend know that they are truly a special some-one in your life!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: TAFZCQ3C (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.