A few more challenges…Wedding White with gold and/or silver just won’t cut it with my husband…something a little more down to earth is more his style.
The optional element for the current Try Stampin’ on Tuesday’s Sketch challenge (#522) was Anniversary. Down to earth is clean and simple so I selected one of the lines from the current Tic Tac Toe challenge (#130): Die Cut, Leaves and CAS. Bringing it all together, I picked the colors from the current Facebook Colour INKspiration challenge (#107): So Saffron. Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry bliss and Mossy Meadow.
Here is the result:
- For the Leaves and Die Cut, I die-cut four Maple Leaves from cardstock scraps, two So Saffron, and one each of Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss using the Intricate Leaves Dies set.
- For the Striped element of the Sketch, I inked the Timber 3D Embossing Folder with Crumb Cake ink and dry-embossed a Crumb Cake cardstock panel to highlight the wood-grain. I then cut two strips (1¼” x 4¼”) and adhered them to a Mossy Meadow card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
- The sentiment, Happy Anniversary, from the retired Number of Years stamp set was stamped with Versmark ink onto a scrap of Mossy Meadow cardstock (3½” x ⅝”) and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The sentiment label was matted with a scrap piece of So Saffron cardstock (3¾” x⅞”).
- To fit the Leaves and the Sentiment Label, the card was flipped to the horizontal position. The Leaves were arranged and adhered along the top of the card and the sentiment in the lower right position.
And the card is done!
Totally loving the woodsy vibe of this card. I think my husband will appreciate it.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.