I wanted to create a card for the current Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge (#617) and I thought the layout was a good candidate for a Slim Line card and that is the current Make My Monday Challenge (#154) requirement.
Additionally, there were a few other challenges that influenced what I ultimately made. Color Choice: Color Hues Challenge (#23) and Design Elements: Just Add Ink Challenge (#566) and Happy Little Stampers August CAS Challenge.
Here is the result:
- Center Panel: (8⅜” x 1⅝”) Crushed Curry cardstock Frame. Two Frames were created by nesting and die-cutting the (1⅜” x 3⅜”) and the (1⅞” x 1¾”) Stitched Rectangle Dies together. Center Panel Inset: (8¼” x 1½”) Pattern Party Designer Series Paper (DSP). A Frame was adhered to each end of the DSP leaving a gap.
- Center Shape: (2⅜”) Flirty Flaming cardstock Circle die-cut using the Layering Circle Dies.
- Sentiment Label: (1⅞”) Basic White die-cut Circle. The sentiment, Kind People…, from the Simply Succulents stamp set was stamped with Flirty Flamingo ink. The sentiment circle was adhered to the accent circle and centered on the framed panel hiding the gap.
- Side Shapes: (1⅞”) Flirty Flamingo cardstock die-cut circles which were adhered behind the framed panel as per the sketch layout.
- Background Panel: (9⅛” x 3⅝”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Image(s): (2½” x 2”) Butterflies. Using the Brilliant Wings Dies, the Basic White cardstock base butterflies and the So Saffron top butterflies were die-cut and stacked together. The Butterflies were added off the edge of the panel and the supporting circles elements.
This is a large slim line card and I felt flipping the sketch 90 degrees looked nicer. I chose a Flirty Flamingo card base (9¼” x 7¾” scored at 3⅞”) to finish off the card. This card will fit into a business size envelope measuring (9½” x 4⅛”).
Lots of room to write in this card. Are you fan of Slim Line cards?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
The additional challenge elements:
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.